BALISTIC AND IMPACT RESISTANCE TESTING
Boasting over 200 years’ experience in the arms and ammunitions sector, the National Proof House has its own ballistic testing laboratory, a one-of-a-kind in France and European benchmark.
• Firing ranges of 30, 100 and 300 m.
• 3 pneumatic launchers up to 180mm diameter enabling propulsion velocity up to 1200 m/s depending on the weight of the projectile.
• a wide range of projectiles: ammunitions from .22 LR to 25x137mm calibre up to 1800 m/s, standardized fragments (FSP), shrapnels, hailstones, gelatine cylinders, metallic impactors…
• velocity acquisition systems by light screens and Doppler radars.
• high speed camera: mega-pixel resolution at 7,500 fps and a maximum of 775,000 fps.
• yaw measurement by orthogonal photography.
• conditioning of samples from -70 to 300°C and 10 to 98% relative humidity depending on the temperature.
Metallic armour, composite materials, ceramics, glazing, windscreens, wipers, batteries, protective covers, surface coatings…
42004 SAINT-ETIENNE Cedex 1
Capabilities : Tests and control